Sue Fitzsimmons - casino manager, Luton
In September 2015, the Luton casino was relaunched following £4.3m of investment to accommodate the awarded 2005 Act licence.
The refurbished casino includes the following:
- 60 slot machines, an increase of 40 with the ability to add a further 20 dependent on customer demand
- 30 gaming tables, an increase of 12 in line with the 2:1 ratio of slot machines to table games as per the 2005 Act licence terms
- 120-seat entertainment area
- VIP gold area containing three gaming tables and four electronic roulette positions
- Dining and lounge areas
- New and improved external smoking terrace
- Enhancements to the external appearance including new signage
- Valet parking service
Following the relaunch, trading has seen an uplift in line withmanagement’s expectations.